Monday, September 16, 2013

1974 Silver Streak Continental Rocket Redo



I've wanted to redo a vintage travel trailer for awhile and time has come. I came across an ad in the 'Nickel Nik" for a '74 Silver Streak. The price seemed right and the next day we were on our way to Athena, Oregon a small town of 200 in Eastern, Oregon.

I'm a newbie to travel trailers so after a quick walk through and a few questions to Roger, the owner, I made an offer and said that we'd pick her up in a week.
( I'd put the cart before the horse since we didn't have a truck to haul it with.).


The following Sunday she was in our driveway. She got a good washing to remove moss and years of dirt. 

Of course, a huge storm hit that night and gave some of the dirt back.




Tune in for interior pics and progress in next blog post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment