It required a little sanding to smooth the surface and remove rust. I drilled holes in the bottom for drainage. A light rinse and it was time to paint.
It took 3 spray cans of Rustoleum white primer and 5 cans of Rustoleum Ultra Cover in a brilliant modern orange for exterior. I didn't do inside but probably would use a rust preventer spray for longevity next time.
Next I pre- drilled holes and attached casters from Harbor Freight with screws, locking washers and a nut. Be sure to look inside prior to placement to make sure you can access the screws in the interior to put the washers and nuts on.
To save $, I used one,1 gallon pot of bamboo and split it into 4 clumps with a serrated kitchen knife. It was too root bound and tough for a shovel. It does stress the plant and it will take a few months to a year for full recovery but if you've priced bamboo lately it's worth it.
Total cost for planter $100.00.
Finished planter at end of summer, looks a little ragged after several windstorms.
Bamboo is still in recovery but potato vine and nasturtium did well!